All Scheduled Activities Are
Cancelled Until Further Notice.
- The office remains opens. Direct all urgent calls to 613-736-5921 or via email to email@example.com
- Until further notice, monthly Board meetings are taking place via teleconference.
The Kelly Project
- You may still access the Kelly Project if you have a date for mastectomy surgery and require a post-op camisole. Please contact Diane Hayes of Kelly’s Boutique at 613-248-8989.
- You may still access our Peer Support Program led by Andrea Douglas. Please call the office at 613-736-5921.
Health and Wellness Program
- The City has informed us that all classes pertaining to the Health and Wellness program are suspended until at least June 30th. We are monitoring the situation on a daily basis
We Need Your Help – Donate Today!
Will YOU Support HER? Will YOU Support HIM?
Thank you for visiting our website and taking the time to get to know BCA Ottawa. I do hope that you will join our other amazing kind-hearted donors helping men and women in Ottawa cope and live with their breast cancer diagnosis. Throughout these times of uncertainty, your steadfast compassion is truly inspiring. I hope that despite everything that is happening in the world right now, you remain in good health and are staying strong.
A lot is going on in the world right now, but there are still hundreds of women and men who still need your help. Since the start of this global crisis many women and men have been diagnosed with breast cancer and have called us for help. They have called us from parking lots, closets, and basements.
Often BCA is the first call they make after their consult with their surgeon. We have also gifted 113 camisoles in support of the Kelly project to women in less than three months. Being diagnosed with breast cancer can be overwhelming and very emotional for many. There is significant fear, fear of hair loss, breast loss, and even the potential for loss of life. Newly diagnosed women and men need someone at the end of the phone, to listen, provide empathy and provide support. And that’s just what BCA does, even during the COVID crisis.
Your donation today will mean the BCA will be there to answer the call for the next women and men in need. You can ensure that BCA will have the resources to meet these needs. Together, we’ve stayed strong. You have made our community a better place for newly diagnosed women and men and the people who love them. Let’s continue our work to take care of each other. Together, we will get through this and build a better, stronger community for all.
Breast Cancer Action Ottawa Thanks You For Helping Us Provide in 2018
Gifted Post-op Camisoles
Trained Peer Supporters
Special Exercise Program Participants Per Season
2nd Wednesday of Month Peer Support Groups Meetings
I just wanted to thank you for sending me information regarding the BCA support group meeting last week – I found it very helpful! It’s like I found “my people” and felt like I wasn’t alone or going crazy.
© 1992 - 2020 BCA Ottawa