Why do BCA Ottawa members volunteer?
The following were cited as the top reasons for volunteering in a recent Volunteer Canada survey:
- Engagement and contributing to the success of the organization;
- Networking opportunities;
- Contributing skills and learning new skills.
Volunteering provides a sense of community and pride for this community. It also allows members to meet new people and develop relationships – this contributes learning from each other and helps BCA Ottawa meet its mission and goals.
BCA Ottawa has thrived for over twenty-five years because of the strong commitment and passion of its volunteers.
Committee/Project Volunteer Commitment to BCA-Ottawa
- Carry out all designated tasks with professionalism and within the deadlines set.
- Ask for guidance, assistance and/or clarity on any task you have undertaken.
- Inform your director/program lead if you cannot fulfil a committed obligation in a timely manner.
- Offer a solution to any challenge that you bring forward and/or be open to suggestions from committee director or committee members.
- Acknowledge and respect the contributions, talents, efforts and dignity of other committee members.
Committee Director/Project Lead Commitment to the committee volunteer:
- Ensure that there is a role for new volunteers joining the committee before committing to the application.
- Be clear about expectations, time commitment, etc.
- Provide guidance and support to committee members.
- Acknowledge and respect the contributions, talents, efforts and dignity of other committee volunteers.
- Foster and motivate leaders within the committee and identify successors.
How to volunteer for BCA Ottawa?
- You must be a BCA Ottawa member in good standing.
- From time to time, there may be a specific ‘call for volunteers’ through our various media – consider how you might be able to support that committee.
- While you think about your skill set – think about volunteering outside your comfort zone – that is when we learn the most.
- If you are not sure what suits your needs or what BCA Ottawa is looking for in its volunteers, don’t hesitate to contact the Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Complete the following application form. A BCA staff member will contact you directly to discuss your interest.
We welcome all active BCA Ottawa members on our volunteer committees. Fill out the form and JOIN!
Reading and agreeing to these two documents is required before submitting the form below: