Who is “Breast Cancer Action”?
Breast Cancer Action is a small non-profit organization that supports breast cancer patients and survivors in the Ottawa region. We were originally founded in 1992 by a group of women who knew, first-hand, the meaning of a breast cancer diagnosis. Since then we have grown to offer many programs, resources and support for all those in our community who have been diagnosed with breast cancer.
We care because we’ve been there.
Our programs and services help individuals in their journey towards an active and healthy recovery from diagnosis, and beyond! We also offer assistance with navigating the many resources available to individuals during and after treatment. For many people, the time after they receive their diagnosis can feel like a whirlwind of information and emotion. Breast Cancer Action is here to help you slow it all down and discuss what’s right for you.
Because no one should face it alone. For more information, please call us at 613-736-5921.
The following list is a brief description of the support we offer :
- Pre-operative information sessions
- Lymphedema workshops
- Newsletters, educational materials, lectures and workshops
- Peer support program to help newly-diagnosed patients by matching them one-on-one with a survivor
- Support Groups:
- Second Wednesday of the month at 7 pm at ORCF
- For more information: email@example.com
- Help navigating the many resources in Ottawa for breast cancer patients and survivors
- Outreach, new programs, projects and initiatives, community interaction
BCA Ottawa’s charitable registration
#14077 6980 RR0001